The AEN membership consists of over 700 faculty, administrators, and staff on more than 235 university and college campuses across the US. AEN members commit to act in ways they deem appropriate based on circumstances on their own campuses and other factors. Many members do the following:
- Organize and support innovative campus programming about Israel and the Middle East
- Advise campus presidents, chancellors, deans, and leaders on antisemitism, anti-Zionism, Israel, the BDS movement and other efforts to delegitimize Israel, free speech, and academic freedom
- Counter anti-Israel activities on campus and in academic associations while upholding free speech and academic freedom for all
- Mentor students in their own efforts to respond to anti-Israel campaigns on their respective campuses
- Encourage academic institutions to forge and enhance U.S.-Israel academic ties, including faculty exchanges, research collaborations, and study abroad programs
- Contribute to the conversation on and off campus through relevant coursework, lectures and panel discussions, symposia and other public programs, books, journal articles, pamphlets, podcasts, webinars, individual essays, and op-eds.
All current and former faculty members, regardless of discipline, tenure level, and full- or part-time status, are eligible for membership in AEN. We also welcome current and former campus administrators and staff as members. There is no fee to join and no dues are required. Membership is by invitation only. If you are interested in joining, or know someone who is, please contact us at email@example.com.